Gets really laggy. Drops to 0 FPS and freezes. does eventually fix and it has its ups and downs, but it is really annoying

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (42.1 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1727 HEAD-6183b5d
Operating System                              macOS 10.15
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8257U CPU @ 1.40GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) Iris(TM) Plus Graphics 645
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

how do I add cpu and gpu?

Run down of the problem: Y lags/freezes and starts going rather slow. Drops to or near 0 FPS and takes a while to return to normal speed. There are spells where this problem doesn’t occur but they are usually very short. This is extremely infuriating and it will take forever to complete this game if this problem persists

From your log, your CPU is i5-8257U and GPU Iris Plus Graphics 645.

Try turn off Hardware Shader. You can access it from the Citra menu then Preferences then Graphics then Advanced tab. You can also try this older build: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1587 (download citra-osx-20200707-bd7ee8c.tar.gz).

1 Like

I will test this. thank you

1 Like

turning off hardware shader has increased the speed substantially. but now the game won’t start, as in, its just a black screen

nvm works now, will say something if it happens again

The problem continues to persist. at times it does not have a blank screen but it usually does. turning off hardware shader has fixed the speed, but now the screen is black and I know it works because I can hear the game music in the background

There is a bug on macos where you need to resize or toggle fullscreen to “fix” the blank screen issue.

ok ill try that thanks

1 Like