GPU does not support OpenGL 3.3 ... workaround?

Hey guys I just installed Citra (latest Nightly build) on Windows 10-64 and get the error
“Your GPU does not support OpenGL 3.3”
I am trying to run Pokemon X, yes, I also own a 3DS and the original game.
You know, my laptop be like, I’m old and got no slots for anything i didn’t get from the factory…
Here’s my specs
Lenovo ideapad U310
Intel® Core™ i3-2367M CPU @ 1.40GHz 1.40 GHz
4GB RAM (3.86 usable)
480GB SSD SATA (yass!!)

BUT WAIT! Don’t laugh and tell me I just need to buy a newer machine.
I also run Ubuntu 20.04 on this very same apparatus and it DOES run Citra AND Pokemon X, albeit at only 40% of the fps.

So… how is that possible?
citra_log.txt (9.7 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1659 HEAD-3f13e1c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2367M CPU @ 1.40GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [ ]
Hardware Shader                               [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 2
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Yup you need a new PC.

I don’t know if it is possible, I use Windows.

If i can’t run Citra on this laptop, that is fine. I understand its limitations and am very happy with how it’s running after 7-8 years of intensive use.
The question here is; why DOES it run on Ubuntu 20.04 on the same computer and NOT on Windows 10?
//edit
I am finding some information that this might have to do with the Intel Graphics 3000 driver which limits its capabilities on windows, but not on linux.
I will share the fix in case it works for me!

I am not a fun of Linux, can’t play many games on it, Windows 10 needs a lot off resources than Windows 7, it is a way to make Windows 10 to run like Windows 7, but it will not help you much, then you need new GPU Drivers and you don’t have any luck there.

The Intel Windows driver team is known for dropping support fast.

So this is, in fact, a driver problem and have not been able to fix it.
It seems the Windows driver for the Intel HD Graphics 3000 does not support OpenGL 3.3, but the Linux driver does.This is still very strange to me but what the, I’ll just stick to my 3DS.
However, the Ubuntu option might work for other people whose systems can’t run Citra or certain games on Windows. Hope we all learned something, have a good one!