Graphic glitches in animal crossing nlwa

Issue:
Hello everyone,

some parts (beach, buildings & city concrete) of animal crossing nl-wa have some graphic glitches when the hardware renderer is active. On the second screenshot i have attached you can see on the left side the renderer is on on the left side it’s turned off.

when it’s turned off it’s unplayable for me since it runs on around 3fps. with the renderer on it runs smooth but this time with glitches.

thank you for your time!

System Information

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1225 HEAD-29c3d72
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [ ]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [ ]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 2

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Do you really have to disable ‘Enable Hardware Renderer’? doesn’t disabling only ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ before launching the game works?

unfortunately not. the last 2 days i’ve tried almost every combination of enabling and disabling setting to get this fixed without any success. btw, i’ve updated now to version 1228.

Launch your game again, reproduce the graphical issues, open the log folder and close citra, upload your log afterwards (don’t reopen citra before upload your log, otherwise it will not contain the bug info).

Then submit your issue here, include the same info that you’ve included in this thread plus your new log.

got it. will submit the issue now. thank you again!

citra_log.txt (63.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1228 HEAD-4d997d7
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 650
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [ ]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 2

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

theres an experiment we will be trying soon which could potentially fix issues on some graphics cards, no guarantee it’ll fix yours https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/4703 but when this hits canary (someone tags it with canary-merge) then try out canary and see if it fixes your issue.

2 Likes