Graphical bug in Metroid Dread

These textures are being displayed incorrectly. This occurs on both OpenGL and Vulkan.

Here’s a video of it.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Please upload a log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

After an hour or so of gameplay, it got worse. The in-game graphics started to severely glitch out.

I’m trying to upload the log file related to this glitch directly to this post, but I’m getting an error that says “Sorry, there was an error uploading that file. Please try again.” I’ve compressed the file into a 7zip folder and uploaded it here on Google Drive, since the original file ended up quite large.

The log attached below refers to the bug represented on my first post (the hologram textures).
yuzu_log.txt (760.4 KB)

There is an issue with nvidia and the latest driver. Please consider downgrading to earlier version like 472.12 using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and trying again. Ogl was mostly affected, but some users are reporting issues like yours in vulkan as well.

It also doesn’t help you are using that cpu accuracy. Please stick to auto.

I’ve rolled back my driver and set the CPU accuracy to auto. Now, l can only launch the game in OpenGL mode. Trying Vulkan gives me the following message and log:

yuzu_log.txt (62.2 KB)

Furthermore, the glitch mentioned in my original post persists. I’ve attached another log below referring to this.

yuzu_log.txt (2.1 MB)

You’re just running VERY outdated Nvidia GPU drivers, here install this one: Geforce Driver Results | NVIDIA
The latest one is known to cause issues for now.

1 Like

This driver got Yuzu running on Vulkan again. Thanks!
The visual bug still persists, though.

yuzu_log.txt (1.5 MB)

Yeah, we’re investigating the cause of those issues.

1 Like

I understand. Thank you very much for the support so far!

1 Like

Ah, yes. One thing I failed to mention is that, after updating my drivers and changing CPU accuracy to auto, this bug no longer occurred; even after playing for an hour or so:

1 Like