Graphical issue in mario and luigi dream team

Just i don’t know what to say here just see it yourself

• Operating System: windows 8.1
  • CPU: Intel i3-4030U
  • GPU: (It’s provided by cpu)
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1830

I think it could be because it’s laptop that I never use and its very old, but I just wanted to know

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Ok, if it helps.
citra_log.txt (4.8 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

It looks like you accidentally reopened Citra before uploading the log. The log gets cleared every time you open Citra. Have the log folder open in the background first before closing Citra then immediately upload a new log.

Now it crashes citra for some reason…
citra_log.txt (7.0 KB)
Now its good?

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1830 HEAD-55b529b
Operating System                              Windows 8.1 (6.3)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 2
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

No, because of the crash :confused:

Does it crash every time now?

Ah sry i forgot to mension it crashes citra when i try to open mario and luigi dream team. I just checked the same problem appears in every game.

Try reset Citra settings by clicking the “Reset All Settings” button in the general tab in Citra configuration and see if that stops the crashing so the new log can provide more useful information.

Ok so lets say that opening dream team even when settings are reseted is impossible. So I tried with mario and luigi bowsers inside story (the remake one) and it didn’t crash but graphical glitch still occurs. So here is log.citra_log.txt (16.6 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1830 HEAD-55b529b
Operating System                              Windows 8.1 (6.3)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.3496
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Intel’s website. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

GPU Driver Version: Build 10.18.10.3496

This driver is outdated, you need to update.

Download win64_15.36.38.5117.zip from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29312/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81018
direct link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29312/a08/win64_15.36.38.5117.zip

then follow this guide to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

Since you have an old GPU you might need to turn off Disk Shader Cache and Accurate Multiplication. However I think these games would need Accurate Multiplication or you might get invisible objects / characters. Intel HD 4400 is a problematic GPU :confused:

Wow after a lot of time i finally fixed it i like your fast respond, because i can say that on other supports i need to wait up to 3 days and you almost answered immideatly. Relating to the problem yeah i needed to turn off disk shader cache and accurate multiplication but that’s ok, because at least i can play mario and luigi dream team (there are no missing textures).
So, thank you.

1 Like