Graphics Issue with Majora's Mask

Issue:
Not exactly sure what to call this, but there’s a graphics issue when increasing the internal resolution on Majora’s Mask. Attached some screen shots. You can see some blurring in the trees, and in the fairies. Goes away when set to native resolution (Last screen shot). Happens when using both the discrete GPU and the CPU to render graphics

System Information

• Operating System: 64 bit Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary #773
  • Game: Majora’s Mask
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (16.6 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

try again with either ‘Enable Hardware Shader Checked’ and/or ‘Accurate Multiplication’/‘Accurate Geometry Shader’ and with ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ turned off, to see if the issue persists.

I had already tried that. Tried Enable Hardware Shader off. Turned it on but turned both Accurate Multiplication & Accurate Geometry off, tried it with Multiplication off and Geometry on, Multiplication on and Geometry off

This is a known “issue” when increasing the internal resolution, although it isn’t as much of a bug as it is just a quirk of upscaling the game beyond what it was originally meant for.

1 Like

yeah, i have seem this issue before, i just tried now, those never bothered me but i see those upscaled “filter” or “post-processing” effects, they always appears on some emulators (pcsx2 for instance) because of the nature of the game as CodingKoopa mentioned.