Graphics Issues - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Gates to Infinity

Hey guys,
I’ve been having quite issues with my PMD Gates to Infinity.
Basically, the game is playable, but after loading, nothing appears on the emulator screen – this only started happening after two most recent nightly updates.
I can hear all music and sound effects as if nothing wrong has happened – even the beeps from hitting the arrow keys (they’re set as the circle pad) – but there are no graphics whatsoever.
Is there something wrong with my save file or system?
Thanks guys, and have a good night!

• Chalice
    System Information

Log: citra_log.txt (6.3 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

BTW, almost cut out the title bar and the bottom.
Here it is!

Turn off Enable Hardware Shader in Emulation - Configure - Graphics. This happens because Mac OS OpenGL drivers are trash and don’t support all of Citra’s required GL extensions.

Thanks dude - however, while the graphics are now working, the speed is now only 50% tops when before Friday’s nightly update, it easily hit 130% or even more.
Is there any way to tweak my system so that the game plays at full speed or is it a hardware issue?
Thx! To help, here’s the new log.
citra_log.txt (7.6 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Scratch that - top speed is now around 70%
citra_log.txt (7.6 KB)

As I’ve said - even the CPU mode now uses more extensions than before, and you guessed it - macOS doesn’t support them. The only way you could get more performance than before is to try installing Windows through BootCamp.

1 Like