Grey Screen When Launching Game

So I successfully downloaded Mario Odyssey and every time I launch the game it seems to start working and you think the game is going to startup then gets to this screen and just stays like that. I have looked at a few forums to try and troubleshoot the issue but can’t seem to find anything that works… Can someone please help me?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Please get me the log the bot asks for, that will help me fix your problem.

yuzu_log.txt (1.8 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 249             . HEAD-mainline-636-2049-ge0e0030ec
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             Radeon (TM) HD 8670M
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
Use Async GPU                                 [ ]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Async GPU emulation is recommended as it can improve the performance of many games.

I tried enabling Async GPU and same issues persists…

Your driver is too old, here install this one: https://www.amd.com/es/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8670m-series-gpu
If it refuses to install, uninstall it with DDU first, then run the installer again.

That’s awesome! Thank you for that. I got it working now which is great. Now I am just trying to get my xbox 1 controller hooked up but am having issues. Is it possible to play with an xbox 1 controller? I am looking at some other forums but am having some difficulty.

Connect it to the PC like always and manually map the buttons in yuzu’s input settings.