Hardware Renderer Updates

Read more at https://citra-emu.org/entry/improvements-to-hardware-renderer/

beautiful update ever

a little mistake there, the 840m isn’t a gtx. entry level 800m series gpus did not have the gt or gtx prefix

Congratz to team on this crucial and huge update !

Thank you guys sooooo much! Most games had big slowndowns from 50% to 80% for me, and with this speed increase they’re all basically fully playable now. Again, thanks so much!

I have x4 860k and R7 370 by the way for anyone interested.

Some games crashes after using the new GPU choice but if turned back to cpu it works but of course back to slow speed.
CPU:AMD Athlon™ II X2 B22 Processor 2.80 GHz
GPU:AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series

I’m getting home & trying this out!

It seems like a lot of people have macs but nobody develops with one – I don’t even know where to start to get a laptop that I like as much as my mac – but, as you know, OpenGL on Mac in ancient and Apple is effectively deprecating it. Any chance of a Metal implementation or Vulkan/MoltenVK? Thanks.

UPDATE: I just tried Samus Returns on a 2015 macbook pro. Holy shit, it’s playable. It’s pretty fast actually. Congrats team!

I tested the MHgen with AMD RX480 and Nvidia 1060. The Nvidia boosts its performance by nearly 200% while the AMD makes it crash after choosing a character.
Any idea to solve the problem with AMD?
Hope this problem can be fixed soon!
Thank you Citra

What an update!
Uhm, better wait little longer, since i got a crash too :slight_smile:

Amazing update! Boosted two games I had with 50% speed to 100%!

Thanks for this update! I play MGS3 with 30 fps but sometimes it’s drops to 20 or 15. Especially on cutscenes. But really thank you!

Hello guys! I just downloaded and installed the nightly build and I can’t see the Renderer settings in the graphics tab, so I’m not sure if I’m really using the latest version with the GPU shader acceleration or not, or if I’m missing something. I tried to check for an update but it says I have the latest version. Or, is this GPU thing only available in the Canary version? Thanks.

This feature is only available on the latest Canary builds. I would recommend reading into this article as well, to get some basic knowledge on this feature.

I did read it, thanks. ^^ I installed the Canary build and I gained almost 3x the speed. But, for example, when running pokemon omega ruby, during the initial presentation, there’s the occasional frame freeze. It’s not for long, but certainly is more than a hickup…

That is probably shader compilation stutter.

Is it possible to minimize it on my end?

Nevermind. Just got a notification to update Citra Canary and I did… no more stutter. ^^

its great n all but can someone fix monster hunter stories. i really wanna play it without any foggy cutscenes or slow speed