Hardware Shader Issue Canary 1530

Issue:
As seen in my screenshot, there are some black patches or glitches in the pokemon. When i turned off my hardware shader, those black glitches are gone but my fps drops half of my stable fps which is 30fps. Is there any solution to this without turning off my hardware shader?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10.0
  • CPU: Intel® Celereon® CPU N3350
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1530
  • Game: Omega Ruby
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (63.7 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 500
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            25.20.100.6518
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

This is likely caused by your dated and not fully supported graphics drivers/gpu. Turning off hardware shaders offloads the task to your cpu which doens’t perform it in the same way (or as well, hence the slowdown). Leaving it on leaves your gpu’s drivers to interpret the instructions, and several intel (and a large number of AMD) gpu’s don’t support all the opengl instructions the way they’re supposed to.

1 Like

As I remember when I used citra last summer it doesnt glitch like this. I tried pokemon ultra moon with this canary 1530 build and it’s perfecfly fine. Hoping for citra team to fix this for those who have low end devices.

Well anyways, thanks for replying sir.