HArmonknight screen issue

So I did see someone had the same issue but I didn’t under the way it was solved but when I load harmonknight it causes a part of screen to go missing

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: intel i5-6500
  • GPU: Radeon 570 OC
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1696
  • Game: Harmonknight

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping. citra_log.txt (174.0 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1696 HEAD-8e3c767
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             Radeon RX 570 Series
GPU Driver Version                            19.30.02 26.20.13002.133
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

is there any way I can upgrade the opengl then?

See Fire emblem fates problem CPu fps - #6 by tywald.

This driver is out of date. Please try updating it to the latest available: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

just updated it and still having the same issue

Please upload another log file.

citra_log.txt (4.7 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

It appears this is a regression that was caused at some point: HarmoKnight (USA) - Graphical errors · Issue #5652 · citra-emu/citra · GitHub

It used to work normally in at least Citra Nightly 1126, however Citra runs a lot slower in that version (as it’s already quite old).

it did fix it thank you. though what causes this to happen exactly where the updated one causes it not to work?

I don’t know if it’s been disected yet. You could try working out where it broke if you’re interested in testing:

x= The earliest Citra Nightly version you know of that contains the broken graphics (Nightly 1659 from the github issue)
y= The last known Citra Nightly version that didn’t contain the broken graphics (Nightly 1126 from the github issue).
The calculation: (x+y)/2=The next version to test
So in this case that would be: (1659+1126)/2=1392
So Nightly 1392 is the next on you’d check: Release nightly-1392: Merge pull request #5020 from jroweboy/dynamic-mf · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
If Nightly 1392 also has the broken graphics, then you do the same caculation again:
(1392+1126)/2=1259
So Nightly 1259 would be the next one you’d check.

Keep going like this until you find two nightly versions next to eachother where one has the graphical bug and the other does not.

I can definitely do that.