Hatsune Miku MegaMix/39s playable but audio desyncs

Hello, I’m not sure whether opening a github issue would be the best thing to do, so I decided to ask here first.

I’m running this on:

yuzu version early access 853, windows binary (Game crashes on load for stable version)
OpenGL graphics backend (Crashes on Vulkan)
Async, multicore CPU emulation on, multicore GPU emulation on

Windows 10 Pro
i7-8700K 3.7 GHz (Coffee Lake hex core)
GeForce GTX1080; driver version 451.67. Set this as OpenGL device for Yuzu in nVidia Control Panel.
64GB RAM

Gave this game another try on Yuzu, after reading the July update on the Yuzu blog, and the related multicore and audio timing changes. I’m getting steady 60fps using multicore CPU emulation, but since it occasionally dips into 58 or 59 despite giving Yuzu’s process realtime CPU priority, the audio and the video desynchronizes after a minute or two. Since this is a rhythm game, that’s a show-stopper, which is a real shame because otherwise it would be another title in a perfectly playable state.

I managed to find a thread on the Yuzu Reddit documenting audio desyncs for cutscenes. Not sure if they are related issues.

Turning off multicore CPU emulation gets me only ~15-20fps, which doesn’t solve the problem. Video cutscenes don’t work for any game just yet (due to unimplemented codecs AFAIK?), and this one’s no exception.

I mostly just want to let the dev team know; is this the right place to post? If they need more info I’d be happy to help.

Thanks!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Uh, just to clarify, this is an issue about Yuzu (for Switch), not Citra (for 3DS). Yuzu’s log file in %appdata%/roaming/yuzu/log is blank, because there are no crashes etc involved. I posted this here since the discussion link for Yuzu’s Project Prometheus update led me here.

It is a valid question, but sadly I can’t offer you a solution for now. It’s just yuzu’s code that needs to improve.

Oh, don’t worry about that. I was wondering if there’s a proper spot to post these kinds of things. For example, the RPCS3 folks have a compatibility list that links to individual github commits that fixes specific games etc.

If Yuzu has a feedback pipeline like that I’d just like to do my part.

We plan to rewrite our compatibility list to something more useful, like what you mention, so for now, this is fine.
You can also open an issue on github to report to the devs directly.

That’s exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks mate!

1 Like