Help! Black screen with sound

Trying to play Pokémon LGP and after choosing controller the screen goes completely black but I can still hear sound. Please helpyuzu_log.txt|attachment (450.9 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Ok there are several things to improve.
Install the latest GPU driver: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/164740/
Increase your page file to 25000MB: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows
Enable multicore and assembly shaders in the advanced graphics tab in configuration.

Ok so I followed all the steps aaaaaaaand it still doesn’t work :frowning:

Somebody helppppppppp

Get me a fresh log after those changes.

Here you go
yuzu_log.txt (448.4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 398             . HEAD-mainline-636-3523-gaea17c240
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            456.55
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try this, update to the latest driver version for the Intel GPU: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29904/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126790
As the Intel GPU manages the display, keeping the driver updated may help.

Wouldn’t installing this overwrite my customized OEM driver?

Yes, but your OEM driver is ancient, not useful for yuzu.

I can get my OEM driver back though right? Just in case there’s a problem or something.

99.9% of the time, you want to be on the latest official driver. Intel even removed this restriction recently.
The worst that can happen is lower uptime in battery due to higher GPU power consumption.

You can revert to older drivers at any time, use your vendor/model site to get the latest OEM one.

Nope. Still doesn’t work.

You sure this isn’t just the intro video? You have to let that one finish as yuzu can’t decode videos yet, it will show a black screen. After the video ends, you can play normally.

Dude. I just assumed it could decode videos since Ryujinx can do that (it’s extremely slow though.) :man_facepalming:
Any ideas on how long it’ll take for yuzu will be able to decode videos in the future?

Some days, at worst weeks. The feature already works on early access.

i have the same issue as well. need help with it. here is my yuzu log.
this happen after i updated my nvidia drivers.

yuzu_log.txt (1.3 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Log doesn’t has info on game boot, most likely you reopened yuzu before uploading the log file.
Try again, or post both log files, the “old” one included.