Help, cannot do multiplayer on LAN

I’ve been fiddling with this for a while now and can’t seem to get it working. I have a friend on their PC trying to connect to my room. When they try to they get ‘Unable to connect to the host’. I don’t know why this is happening as I’ve tried everything that I found suggested. The only problem I can think of is my Wi-Fi not being port forwarded. However, this shouldn’t be a problem as we’re in the same area using the same Wi-Fi. Does anyone have any suggestions or need more information to help out then please say. Thanks to anyone in advance!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

how are you trying to do this? you have citra open on both pc, in one you do Multiplayer > Create Room.

on the other you do Multiplayer > Direct connect to room, use the same port that as with the first pc, and on ip address you put the other pc ip address, or the ipv4?

to find your ipv4 open the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all, find the field ipv4, assuming you did this on the first pc, use this ipv4 to connect on the second pc.