Help! I can't load my save states on Citra

I am not able to load my save states on Citra I have tried usinig older versions. In some versions it just closes when I try to load the save state and in some versions it shows ‘std::bad_alloc’
Please Help!

My log file:
citra_log.txt (4.5 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Sorry! I uploaded wrong log file
This is my correct log file please check:
citra_log.txt (83.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1641 HEAD-e9f68ae
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon R5 M435
GPU Driver Version                            26.20.12028.2
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

Try use even older versions and see if you can load. If you can, immediately save normally in-game so you will be able to load normally on the latest to make new save states from.

Save states is not a replacement for normal saves, you still need to save properly in-game every now and then.

Thanks for your reply, but I tried older versions. Shall I send you my saved states data and you check which version of citra it’s working for,please?

I most likely don’t have the game you made save states for. How far back did you try? You can quickly jump to older versions by editing the number at the end of this link: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases?after=nightly-1555

The first build that has save states is Nightly 1481, to jump to it put 1482 in the link above instead of 1555.

The game is pokemon ultra sun 3ds. Ok I will try again but please let me know if you can help me find the version of citra required(if you have the game).

My log after running cita nightly 1481, It still shows std::bad_alloc for some save states while some(very few 2 out of 10) are working.
citra_log.txt (115.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1481 HEAD-c605bb4
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon R5 M435
GPU Driver Version                            26.20.12028.2
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

If those that are working are not too far behind with your in-game progress you should do what I mentioned in my first post regarding saving normally in-game.

Otherwise you will have to keep check more builds that are in between. If this issue just sprung up recently it’s probably better if you test more recent builds, try remember when they still worked.

Here is something you should do to prevent an inevitable crash if you don’t address it:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

Thanks for your reply but that is the problem my in-game progress is far behind the save states.:sob:

You said 2 save states worked right? If you do not want to keep checking more builds you can load the working save states on the older Citra build then save normally in-game, then start latest Citra and load normally then you will be able to make new save states.

Save states can break which is why it is important to still save normally in-game.