Help my game crashes pokemon alpha sapphire

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
when i play pokemon alpha sapphire,after the battle with team aqua grunt in petalburg woods it just crashes same happens when i used the load state and save state

System Information

• Operating System: microsoft windows 10 pro
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): nightly
  • Game: pokemon alpha sapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
(156.1 KB) citra_log.txt (64.3 KB)
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1678 HEAD-e33677b
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
GPU Driver Version                            20.19.15.5070
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Do you know if you have a graphics card in your computer or do you only have integrated graphics? If you are unsure, you can go to Device Manager and check under Display adapters if you have more than Intel HD Graphics, like this:

You should also turn off Texture Dumping in the graphics settings in Citra configuration and delete the dump folder which you can access by File -> Open Citra Folder.

I have the intel® HD graphics 4400

To update your GPU drivers: Download win64_15.40.47.5166.zip (direct link) from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29971/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Then follow this guide on how to install it: https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-computer-on-intel-computers/

After you’ve done this, follow these steps:
Go to File>Open Citra Folder then open the config folder and delete the qt-config.ini file found there. Now restart Citra and try your game again. Make sure to not use a save state when testing this. Save states aren’t the most stable of things.

If you’re still experiencing crashing, please upload another log file: How to Upload the Log File

what is this thing gonna do to my computer? is it gonna affect my save files? and is there any other tip you can give me to run my citra at an optimal state?

This will install newer drivers for your integrated graphics.
This will not affect your saves(as long as you follow Snake’s instructions), but might increase stability/performance, in some cases.

Since you said you only have Intel HD Graphics but you have a desktop computer, you could buy like an Nvidia GT 1030 (GDDR5 version) graphics card. Your motherboard should have an open PCI-E slot for it but double check just in case.

my game is frame dropping when I select my bag and sometimes it crashes(pokemon alpha sapphire)

Try turn off Hardware Shader in the advanced graphics settings in Citra configuration. Intel HD 4400 has weird driver bugs.

it doesn’t work, it just stops, do you have any more suggestions?

Sometimes this problematic GPU needs the old AMD hack which was enabled on all GPUs, even Intel. It was last seen on Nightly 860.

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-860

I would suggest getting like a GT 1030 so all these driver bugs would go away :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi there. I’m currntly having the same problem as Eric and wondered what else I can try? I have an Nvidia GTX 1060 if that helps?