Help Please, Dual Sense with DS4Windows

Issue:
I got a very simple problem that no matter where I search I cannot find an answer… I cannot use Citra with DS4windows, why? my Dual Sense controller is NOT detected if I use DS4Windows but without works fine, however I NEED DS4Windows cause some games require or play better with motion controls… help please?

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU: Ryzen 2400x
  • GPU: GTX 1080
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1678 Nightly
  • Game: ANY
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
citra_log.txt (15.0 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

The Dual Sense controller is a current gen Playstation 5 controller right?
Then it would make sense that DS4Windows can’t pick it up as it’s created for the Dual Shock 4. That’s what the DS4 stands for. It can’t pick up any other controller than that.

A workaround for this is launching Citra through Steam. Steam can provide the necessary drivers (should do so automatically) in order to map your Dual Sense controller in Citra, though I’m unsure if it allows you to set up motion controls and such. If it doesn’t, you’ll have to wait until a program comes out that can do that for you.

The thing is DS4Windows is compatible with Dual Sense the the last 3 months, everything works, touchpad, gyro sensors, vibration (emulated though) and even the mute buttom does too, best CONTROLLER to play Yuzu Emulator too as the HD rumble is NOT emulated and it’s awesome, but then again… it do not work with citra…

"# Hands-On: PS5 DualSense Controller Gets Rumble Over Bluetooth Via DS4Windows

By [Keith Mitchell]"

Well, that’s news to me but regardless, any controller that can be picked up by your system should be mapable in Citra. Have you manually mapped your controller in our Emulation>Configuration>Controls menu?

Can map it as no matter what bottom I press do not get registered, but it works with every other emulator out there, motion too for emulators that support it.

Try the Auto Map button as well:

If that doesn’t work either, go to File>Open Citra Folder then enter the config folder and delete the qt-config.ini file there. Now restart Citra and then try to map your controller again.
Then if this fails as well, try mapping it through steam like I mentioned earlier. If that works, then we at least know that it’s an issue with DS4Windows + Dual Sense and Citra specifically.

Thanks, I try what you suggested but no luck, is like citra thinks there’s nothing plugged in, however as I stated earlier, citra lets me map my Dual Sense IF I have DS4Windows off but of course I don’t get the benefits of DS4Windows if I have it off :frowning:

Oh wait, do you perhaps have steam on in the background? There’s a chance that that’s messing up with the drivers that DS4Windows provides. I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago.
The solution was to completely shut down Steam and DS4Windows and to then start DS4Windows up again. Try mapping Citra after that to see if the problem remains.

I try that too, it don’t work, maybe is just not compatible with DS4Windows while using Dual Sense, I guess I have to wait for an update :frowning:

Yea i’m honestly not sure what’s happening here then. Sorry.
Maybe @tywald can weigh in here when he’s got some time. He’s a lot more knowledgable than me.

1 Like

Thank You very much!

I only have a PS3 controller so I have no idea, sorry.