Help (Re)installing Yuzu after antivirus quarantine

Hi there,

About half an hour ago, my anti-virus (Avast installer version 21.7.2481, virus definitions version 210923-2) quarantined my yuzu.exe for being suspicious, specifically when it comes to the file idp.ares.generic. After reading up on it online, I discovered this to be a false negative. However, to be safe, I decided to accept the quarantine message, and to re-install yuzu in case it was for some reason corrupted.

However, when reinstalling with the yuzu-install.exe downloaded straight from the yuzu website, I get an error. It completes all the steps, and then gives me the following message: "An error occurred. Unable to open file handle: Os ( code: 5, kind: PermissionsDenied, message: “Toegang geweigerd”.) ". This final part, 'toegang geweigerd, is Dutch for Access Denied (I decided to keep the error message in my original language just to keep things accurate).

Trying again leaves me with the same problem at the same stage, and I cannot figure out how to work around this. Moreover, Avast seems to have completely removed any and all mention of the quarantine placement, so I cannot undo the process.

Any help on how to work around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. here are my pc specs, though I don’t think that’s very relevant here (but it’s in the community rules, so I’ll do it anyways):

Intel Core I5-6600K
16 gb DDR3 2133mhz Ram
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPU
1TB Storage (of which about 100gb is left)

Edit: After diggin through my files some more, I have found out that the installer has installed pretty much all files which belong in appdata/roaming/yuzu and appdata/local/yuzu, including the yuzu-cmd.exe, but trying to open this file only opens a windows command prompt which immediarely closes itself again. I don’t know whether that helps, but I wanted to have shared it anyways in case it does

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Add an exception in Avast for yuzu and the installer, or just uninstall it.
Avast is known to sell user information, it’s more of a spyware than an antivirus now, I personally recommend sticking to just Windows Defender.

2 Likes

Check your Avast virus chest, and make sure to make an exception for yuzu.

Used to use Avast but I’ve switched to Windows Defender after the marketing stuff and it now being bought out by Norton