Help with graphics issues

Issue:
Hey im very new to this. Ive installed homebrew to my 3ds with subwars, braindump to dump games, and 3dsutils for dumping my nand thing. im using an old 3ds on 11.8. i put the games on my pc and super mario 3d world loads up with that blue screen i posted here, and then crashes after opening a new save file, the crash ends up on a dark screen with a very faint outline of what looks like is a crashed cutscene. mk7 has a spinning wheel for loading, then when it would normally load into the main menu on a 3ds, it just goes black and 0fps. i copy pasted my nand file into the citra folder if that helps. also, i have no idea what anything is but im trying to learn.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: i5-3470
  • GPU: amd rx460
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): nightly 1100 and/or canary 1050
  • Game: super mario 3d world and mariokart 7
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

Crash when trying to load game

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

citra_log.txt (4.0 KB)

That’s the reason. Use GodMode9 to dump games. Citra doesn’t support Braindump.

Thats exactly what i needed to hear honestly, just got godmode9 on my 3ds and the game runs now. Although every game says its missing mii data and i already moved my nand folder to citra, i might have done it wrong though.

braindump (and homebrew in general) doesn’t have access to the exheader, which contains key information for thread priorities. without this, citra can’t properly emulate the game, so braindump has been officially “not working” for about 2 years now.

1 Like