Help with Kingdom Hearts 3D low framerate

citra_log.txt (193.3 KB)
Issue:
Kingdom Hearts 3D low framerate

System Information

• Operating System: Window 10 64bit
  • CPU: Intel i5 4590T 2.00GHz(up to 3GHz turbo boost)
  • GPU: PowerColor RX 560 4GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1316
  • Game: Kingdom Hearts 3D
    My pc run New Mario Bro 2,Metroid Samus Return,Cave Story 3D,Rayman(some audio issue) very smooth at 4xRes(even higher without much slow down),maybe little slow down in Mario 3d land but playable.But KH3D is a different case,mine run at 14~19 in game even with native resolution,i saw a lot video claim citra run this game at max speed with a weaker gpu than mine,what did I missed and is there anything to make it run better ?(bad English,sorry)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1316 HEAD-aca55d0
OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               Radeon RX 560 Series
OpenGL Version                                3.3.1
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [ ]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

I follow what the bot said but didn’t work,still running slow and low fps:sob::sob::sob::sob:,anyone can help me solve this please:sob:

Probably not much you can do, Radeon can be up to ~3x slower than GeForce which might be the issue here.

1 Like

so that because my rx 560 doesn’t go well with citra?:rofl:
SO which gpu is the cheapest I can get to make citra run (at least KH3D) smooth?:joy:

Well I don’t have the game so I don’t know but almost any Nvidia GPU will work well in general on Citra. But you shouldn’t buy a graphics card solely for Citra, make it run well for other games too.

See if you can find good deals second hand.

1 Like

additionally citra may run better on linux on some games and worse on others, for instance monster hunter games run almost twice as fast (running citra with mesa_glthread=true).

1 Like

citra_log.txt (4.5 KB)

Hi i have this issue too, after 30seconds of running the game framerate drops to 10 to 15 fps, game speed drops to mostly 53%. my pc specs are:
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Nvidia Gefore 1050 GTX
my version of citra is 1578

I tryied running it on both nightly and canery build but with same results. Ive seen a few u tube videos showing the game runing on 30 fps or 60 fps, what am i doing wrong ? X(

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

1 Like

I am trying to reinstall citra and it deleted most folders in my documents even though they do not have anything to do with the uninstallation. gonna have to reinstall so many emulators and re game lmfao.