Help with port forwarding

I wanted to play pokemon with my friend using different wifi, so we both tried making unlisted rooms but didn’t work. I looked for it and found we had to do port forwarding, and I googled it and followed the guide which i found.

The problem is, I’m using at&t for wifi and when I go to the router for port forwarding it says to select the application to filter. I thought I had to make a new one, but then it asked me for :
Protocol(I found out it should be UDP)
Port(range)
protocol timeout
map to host port
application type

I couldn’t find the information i should put in for Citra, so I’m stuck here. I set a static IP address(following the guide, is this really needed?), I just need the info here for Citra.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

24872 is the default port.

Stick to the defaults.

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your router configuration page.

First it looks like this, so I don’t know what’s for Citra (not on portforward.com), so I decided to make a new one, and it looks like this

What would be the defaults for the others?

name you can put citra and the protocol(e.g citra-tcp)
protocol:tcp
port range: from 24872 to 24872
protocol timeout: leave it empty
map to host port: probably just the port i.e: 24872
application type: anything, game, default, etc.

add to list, then create the same for udp i.e: name:citra-udp, protocol:udp

you probably need to restart your modem after that.

2 Likes

You won’t need TCP. Citra only uses UDP.

2 Likes

Can someone help me do mine??? Port fowarding