Henriko's Zelda Majora's Mask 3D HD Texture Pack (1.1.1 2020-05-21)

Heya! This is my HD texture pack page for Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D! :grinning:

Psst! I also have a HD texture pack for Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D!

Some general info regarding this texture pack which you should read before you download it;

• This texture pack is not complete. There are more than half of the textures left to work on, so please be patient and lower your expectations slightly if you expected this to be complete, which it isn’t.

• There are ~7400 unique textures in the game ( I have tried to dump every single one, however I may have missed a few ). Out of these textures a few hundred have been completely re-textured or upscaled to look substantially better than the original. Other textures have been left untouched until I’ve worked on them. The textures that I’ve upscaled have been so using waifu2x-caffe using these instructions by Bighead and GigaPixel AI by Topaz Labs (fantastic tool, I highly recommend you try it out! It works for all kinds of images). Some filtered textures have been modified or changed entirely to look better as well. In many cases, filtered textures look worse than the original textures so that’s why I’ve decided to leave many of them untouched until a later point.

• It is very important to me that the texture pack stays faithful to the original vision. This means that I try my hardest to make new textures look like higher resolution versions of the original textures, and not like brand new textures or out-of-place mashups.

• I am completely up for suggestions, changes and submissions. You will of course be fully credited for any work you submit. These are still very early days and there is much work left to do.

• The pack is scaled to 4x the default resolution , this means that ( if the internal resolution is increased in Citra ) you may be able to view some textures at a staggering 3200x900 resolution!

• This texture pack is for Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D only. There are no plans to port it to the N64 version, and there are way better texture packs for the N64 version available already.

• This texture pack will work with any custom mods / hacks of Majora’s Mask 3D as long as they don’t add new textures or change old ones (in that case, conflicting textures will be overwritten by one another but it will still work).

• I highly recommend that you use this along ‘Project Restoration’, a fantastic mod which restores a lot of the (subjectively) bad changes made to Majora’s Mask 3D over the original.

• This is NOT the same texture pack that is being worked on by Nerrel, DeathWrench among others. Their project is turning out to be absolutely incredible and I highly recommend that you check it out here; https://github.com/DeathWrench/MM3DHD/releases/

• This texture pack does not include material maps since Citra does not support this feature yet.

• It works with all versions of the game, including the PAL/JAP/KOR versions of the game.

• The total file size of the texture pack is roughly 2.6GB.

• Post-Processing can work if you install ReShade into Citra. However, since Citra does not output proper depth information (well, it does but it’s flipped 90°) you can not use some shaders like Depth of Field or SSAO. Color grading works flawlessly though. If you would like proper depth data in Citra, ask the ReShade developers if they can add an option to rotate the depth buffer.

Change log:

1.1.0:

• Over 500 new textures! Massive release.
  • New 4K option added, doubled resolution! (Warning: Large file size, 11.7GB!)
  • Fixed the infamous corruption bug once and for all.
  • HD title screen
  • HD text (now in 4K!)

1.0:

• Initial release

Video preview (early build)

Comparison images:

Note: All comparison shots have been taken with the exact same settings in Citra with internal resolution set to 6x with Linear Filtering enabled.

Progression: ~50% done. I focus on the most important and prevalent textures first.

Installation guide:

This guide is for windows but should be very similar on Mac and Linux.

1. Download the texture pack from the link below.

2. Download and install the Citra Emulator.

3. Extract the .png files inside the “Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D HD” folder into the Custom Texture Directory for Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D. Reach that easily by right-clicking the game in the games list in Citra and pressing “Open Custom Texture Folder”.

4. In the Citra settings, make sure that “Use Custom Textures” is enabled in “Emulation” >> “Configure” >> “Graphics” and “Accurate Multiplication” is enabled.

5. In the same menu, ensure that the “Internal Resolution” is set to a higher value than the default. Preferably 4x or higher.

6. Play the game!

If you encounter any issues with the texture pack please post them in the comments of this post, or PM them to me on my Discord server.

Enjoy!

[Download 1.1.1]
[Download 1.1.0a]

If you want, become a Patron on Patreon and support my work!

https://www.patreon.com/henrikomagnifico

Update 1.1.0 Changelog (Patreon Release):

• Over 500 new textures! Massive release.
  • New 4K option added, doubled resolution! (Warning: Large file size, 11.7GB!)
  • Fixed the infamous corruption bug once and for all.

New textures for the following:

• Many types of grass, flowers, weeds
  • Trees, leaves and bushes
  • Different types of wood, logs, bark, sticks and planks
  • Various kinds of bricks, stone walls, murals
  • Rocks, cliff walls
  • Paths, gravel, dirt
  • Grass, moss
  • Skin texture (on NPCs)
  • Improved player textures (Hylian, Deku, Goron and Zora form)
  • Misc. items (feather and quill, wall mounted masks, carpet, player masks)
  • HD title screen
  • HD text (now in 4K!)

This update is now available to all Patrons on Patreon. The public release will be available in 1 week from today (2020-05-04 at 20:00 CET). Please report any bugs you find to me either through DMs or on my Discord server!

For more information regarding my HD texture packs, please visit my website and join my Discord server!

Cheers,
Henriko :slight_smile:

Update 1.1.1 Changelog (Patreon Release):

• Over 200 new textures!

New textures for the following:

• Gyorg
  • The Giant Turtle
  • The Giants
  • Odolwa
  • Trees and wood
  • Many characters
  • Various masks, like the Bremen Mask and theMask of Truth
  • Chickens
  • Deku Plants
  • Clover
  • Tall Grass
  • Vines
  • Bark
  • Snowy Trees
  • Skull Kid Clothes
  • Rock and Brick Walls
  • Doors
    … and many more!

This update is now available to all Patrons on Patreon. The public release will be available in 10 days from today (2020-05-31 at 20:00 CET). Please report any bugs you find to me either through DMs or on my Discord server!

For more information regarding my HD texture packs, please visit my website and join my Discord server!

Cheers,
Henriko :slight_smile: