Hello! This is my HD texture pack page for Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D!
Some general info regarding this texture pack which you should read before you download it;
There are ~6000 unique textures in the game ( I have tried to dump every single one, however I may have missed a few ). Out of these textures a few hundred have been completely re-textured or upscaled to look substantially better than the original. Other textures have been left untouched until I’ve worked on them. The textures that I’ve upscaled have been so using waifu2x-caffe, letsenhance.io using these instructions by Bighead. Some filtered textures have been modified or changed entirely to look better as well. In many cases, filtered textures look worse than the original textures so that’s why I’ve decided to leave many of them untouched until a later point.
It is very important to me that the texture pack stays faithful to the original vision. This means that I try my hardest to make new textures look like higher resolution versions of the original textures, and not like brand new textures or out-of-place mashups.
I am completely up for suggestions, changes and submissions. You will of course be fully credited for any work you submit. These are still very early days and there is much work left to do.
In-game text has not been upscaled yet because of the strange way Ocarina of Time handles text printing. If you want smooth text, enable the xBRZ freescale filter in the Citra Graphics Settings and set it to “3” or higher (if your computer can handle it!).
The pack is scaled to 8x the default resolution , this means that ( if the internal resolution is increased in Citra ) you may be able to view some textures at a staggering 3200x1920 resolution! A lower resolution version (4x) is also available for weaker computers.
This texture pack is for Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D only. There are no plans to port it to the N64 version.
This texture pack will work with any custom mods / hacks of Ocarina of Time 3D as long as they don’t add new textures or change old ones (in that case, conflicting textures will be overwritten by one another but it will still work).
This texture does not include material maps since Citra does not support this feature yet.
It works with all versions of the game, including the PAL/JAP/KOR versions of the game.
The total file size of the texture pack is roughly 6GB for the 4K version, and 1.7GB for the 1080p version.
Post-Processing works if you install ReShade into Citra and follow the instructions provided in the installation folder for Zelda OOT3DHD (update 1.1.0 onwards) and grants access to some great graphical enchancements like Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Bloom, Tonemapping and more!
Special thanks to Luke Gonet for letting me use their 4K render of the Medallions! Please check out their portfolio here.
- Fixed the infamous rainbow / colored dots bug that plagued a majority of the textures from last update!
- Likely fixed all texture corruption bugs by transferring the alpha bitmap from the original dumped textures over to the HD textures. Needs proper testing, please report to me if the jumbled textures/corrupted textures bug still occurs!
- Minor fixes and changes
- Added alternate PS4 button layot optional download to fit the 3DS button layout instead of the PS4 controller layout by tvloidw!
- There is now an optional PS4 Buttons Patch available thanks to the hard work by the users Spyro Chris and Elizabeth Pant. Thank you!
- Minor bug fixes and changes.
- Many bug fixes and minor changes.
- Fixed the “corrupted texture” bug for most textures, including the Master Sword Holster, the Water Temple and the Fire Temple, Zora King and more. If you find more textures with the corruption bug, please report to me on Discord.
- Link’s face on the game-select screen is no longer glitched after the game is completed.
- Gorons now have a higher resolution texture sheet (W.I.P)
- Improved texture quality and sharpness on many of the textures.
- Improved skin textures for multiple NPCs.
- Many bug fixes and minor changes.
- Improved texture quality and sharpness on over 60 textures.
- 28 new HD textures have been added, a majority of them are dungeon related!
- Ganon’s textures are no longer glitched!
- All 7 tree types have new textures (see example here)
- Various bug fixes and changes. Including fixes for the Sheikah stone textures and the chest textures.
- Over 30 re-worked textures for improved quality.
- Minor update with various changes and improvements. Text is now much clearer and the title screen has been slightly updated as well.
- Updated download link to make downloading the texture pack as easy as possible.
- Added over 700 high quality filtered textures, all hand checked and verified to make sure they reach a certain quality.
- Roughly 50 hand edited textures, including various HUD elements.
- Fixed an error where the title screen didn’t show custom textures properly
- Prepared texture pack for .dds BC7 support once Citra adds it (smaller file size, same quality!)
- Added a READ_ME file with installation instructions
- Multiple NPCs’ skin now render properly
- Fixed an issue where certain textures only displayed a black texture
- Improved quality of various textures
- Initial release
Note: All comparison shots have been taken with the exact same settings in Citra with internal resolution set to 7x and Linear Filtering enabled.
Here are some more screenshots with the texture pack activated;
Progression: ~75% done. I focus on the most important and prevalent textures first.
This guide is for windows but should be very similar on Mac and Linux.
1. Download the texture pack from the link below.
2. Download and install the Citra Emulator.
3. Extract the .png files inside the “Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D HD” folder into the Custom Texture Directory for Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D. Reach that easily by right-clicking the game in the games list in Citra and pressing “Open Custom Texture Folder”.
4. In the Citra settings, make sure that “Use Custom Textures” is enabled in “Emulation” >> “Configure” >> “Graphics”.
5a. In the same menu, ensure that the “Internal Resolution” is set to a higher value than the default. Preferably 4x or higher.
5b. (Optional) In the same menu you can also enable xBRZ freescale and set it to “3” or higher. This will smoothen out the in-game text but at the cost of some performance.
6. Play the game!
If you encounter any issues with the texture pack please post them in the comments of this post, or PM them to me on my Discord server.
Download PS4 Buttons Patch (PS4 Layout) (Optional) (By Spyro Chris and Elizabeth Pant)
Download PS4 Buttons Patch (Normal 3DS Layout) (Optional) (By Spyro Chris and Elizabeth Pant, modified by tvloidw)
If you want, become a Patron on Patreon and support my work! Patrons also get early access to all updates!