Henriko's Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D HD Texture Pack (v1.4.2 2022-04-01)

Hi everyone!

A massive new update for Ocarina of Time 3D HD is on it’s way and it includes hundreds of new textures yet again. This time I’ve focused primarily on NPCs, main characters, hair and fur, carpets and textile, wood and rocky textures as well as some remaining terrain textures I didn’t have time to retexture last time. More news and a Patreon release will follow shortly, but in the meanwhile lease enjoy these screenshots of the upcoming 1.0.8 update!

Thanks for supporting my work! I’m able to do this thanks to your help on Patreon :heart:

1.0.8 2020-05-04 Patreon Release!

I’m excited to announce that my latest update for my Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D HD texture pack, 1.0.8, is now available to all Patrons! It will become available to non-patrons as well in 10 days from when I posted this message. This is yet another large release, with over 400 updated and improved textures including environment, characters, bosses, items, user interface and more.

This time I’ve focused primarily on NPCs, main characters, hair and fur, carpets and textile, wood and rocky textures as well as some remaining terrain textures I didn’t have time to retexture last time.

You can find screenshots of the update here!

There is also a 4K version available, if your computer can handle it. It’s a large file, over 7GB so beware of that before you download it!

Please feel free to try it out! (Only available for the Citra 3DS emulator, the texture pack does not work on real 3DS consoles).

You can find more information about my HD texture pack here.

Available to all 1$+ Patrons until the public release on May 10th 2020!

I am only able to make things like this thanks to your support, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping me do what I love!

:heart:

Update 1.0.9 (2020-05-13)

I’m ready to announce that my latest update for my Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D HD texture pack, version 1.0.9, is now available to all Patrons! :smiley: It will become available to non-patrons as well in 10 days from when I posted this message.

This is an average sized release, with updated and improved textures including environment, characters, bosses, items, user interface and more.

This time I’ve focused on miscellaneous textures that are still prevalent but didn’t fit into any single category, like clouds and tall grass. I also fixed some minor bugs and mistakes made in previous releases of the texture pack. Also, I’m working on getting Citra to work with ReShade to introduce exciting new features to Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D like Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field and more! I’ve made good progress and it’s nearly working, so stay tuned for that too!

I am only able to make things like this thanks to your support, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping me do what I love!

:heart:

2 Likes

Awesome pack. i just got this pack and everything is working more smoothly than the original! I will become a supporter to continue the pack updates! I did want to report that I downloaded 1.0.8 yesterday night as my first test of your skills and I saw king zora was the only thing that caught my eye. he is all black with eyes. I went back to review posts etc and it looks like it was an issue close to a month ago and was reported fixed. I tried 1.0.9 seeing it just came out a day after getting 1.0.8 xD but sadly it didn’t change him. Was there a setting I missed? EVERYTHING LOOKS AMAZING!

1 Like

Only a option for the 4K to download of the new release? : /

Known issue! It’s getting patched in the next release.

Yes! I am unfortunately not able to downscale the textures to 1080p at the moment because I’m waiting for my new PC to arrive, so I’m only using my old laptop at the moment. It will be uploaded in 1080p as soon as I get my new PC which should be within a week or two.

Hey great work. I have a small studder/ hiccup issue when loading into new areas. Sometimes it’s just noticeable in the audio. The music will studder, slow down, then speed up before settling back down to normal speed. Is there anyway to fix this on my end? I tried adjusting some of the settings in citra, but it did’t go away. It’s not a big issue by any means, and could also just be my computer not keeping up. Keep up the good work.

Believe this is caused by Citra loading textures. Seems like it will only be fixed if you preload the textures in the Citra settings. Keep in mind if you preload 4k textures you will be eating up more than 8gb of ram. 1080 p when he is able to fix them will be less ram intense and should fix the pause between rooms and areas. I’ve had it all game. Hope this give insight. :+1:t2:

ah ok thanks, yea I only have 8gb of ram. I just tried preloading the textures and citra basically froze on startup of ocarina.

Yea if you pull up task manager and watch the ram of Citra it’s loading them when you load the game. I wouldn’t do it with the 4k set. It freezes till it’s fully loaded in.

So you’re able to preload with the 1080p verseion? do you have all 4 settings checked under utility?

The 1080 versions are less than 2gb to load into memory. The 4k are over 7 to 8gb. So when he releases the 1080 you can check them. I had them all checked I think at the time.

Pre-loading textures will fix the issue, however it is very taxing on RAM and might cause Citra to crash if you don’t have enough memory

How do I download it to play it on Citra?

hi guys!!! i discovered a few texture bugs in the water temple, were link can change the level of water, some door frames,ornaments in the back of the walls and looking for more, but they are not so bad, its a great job is just details, i´m going to keep finding bugs and let them know!

1 Like

Hey. Great work! Thanks for the upload. I’m having an issue with the 4k version. Whenever I try to extract it, a warning with an error appears. I downloaded already 3 times. Any idea? I’m using Linux Mint btw.

1 Like

Could you please send me a screenshot of the warning?

So, I managed to normally extract it on Windows (the very same file). On Linux, it keeps returning the same error. I’m not an expert programmer, but I suspect the folder name is too Linux, affecting maximum length for filenames in Linux (maybe I’m wrong).
Again, awesome work!