How can i help my performance on yuzu?

Hello ;
I started using the early-access yuzu to play SMTV on my compute, my issue is the following :
game FPS is around 37-45 fps in battle, and between 40 and 60 on the map with heavy drop/stutter but my processor and my graphics card reach 4% and 42% and i was wondering if there was a way for yuzu to take more power from my rig and giving me better fps, or … maybe emulator just doesn’t work that way? lol

I already checked topics like " yuzu maximum performance guide " but didn’t work its magic for me :frowning:
my rig is rtx 3080 and i9 10900k, it’s very solid

i’m just wondering if it can’t be helped and yuzu work that way and won’t pump everything from my rig, or if there’s actually something i can do to enhance my fps ? ( dodging heavy drop/stutter would be way enough already ngl )

thanks you :slight_smile:

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I finished the game with 30FPS on Yuzu Mainline, I need to finish it 3 more times to get all the Endings.
I don’t use Mods to increase FPS, I can’t help you with it, I played it on Vulkan 1080p with all GPU settings at maximum on i7-11700k, RTX 3060 12GB, 32 Ram.

I wish I am wrong but afaiu emulators have some kind of a limit in the amount of power they can use. If you’re rig is too powerful the emulator will not benefit from it. Again, afaiu…
It seems to me like the emulator will not use more threads than the original hardware would (or at least it will not use all available cores /threads) if they are available… This would require a lot of magic from the developers in order to use more cores. The available hardware is thus mainly use by whatever else your computer is doing besides running the emulator.
Let me know if I’m wrong or if you heard otherwise.

My understanding is that you should aim for a cpu with powerful cores rather than many cores, as soon as you have 2 or 4 cores more than the machine you want to emulate. But even there, I would like to get confirmation that these powerful cores would be used at their full extent…

Best,
-a- (overkill rig here too)

Thanks for your answer guys ;

So basically, it can’t be helped, alrighty.

Welp, okay then =(

yes, wait for emulator improvement.

1 Like

It’s weird, though. I have Ryzen 5 5600X and GTX 1050 Ti, so way worse PC than you and with FPS unlocked, I still can get over 100 FPS in most games on Yuzu. However, I did not test SMT V, so I can’t talk for that particular game. I did hear, however, that SMT V does have some performance issues on Yuzu, so that may be the issue here?