How do i play co-op on terraria

i have no issues with terraria but i am just interested with playing with someone.
is there any way to do this???
pls help me

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

as i said there are no issues with terraria i just want to play multiplayer

her it is
citra_log.txt (354.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1554 HEAD-7625306
Operating System                              macOS 10.15
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4258U CPU @ 2.40GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             Intel Iris OpenGL Engine
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

that’s helpful, but its not what i asked

If the game has local multiplayer functions then simply join a Citra room using the public room browser and in-game do what you would on a Nintendo 3DS to start a local multiplayer session.

Citra cannot connect to Nintendo’s online server if the game uses that.

ok cool,
but when I try to join a room that I created on a different computer it comes up with an error.

Can you please tell me how to do fix this on a Mac

I think I haven’t “port forwarded correctly”. Can you tell me how to do this on a Mac please

Is this other computer in the same network? If yes, then check that you have allowed Citra through firewall(s). And if it is in the same network, you should be using the local IP address unless there is someone outside your network that also want to connect.

what is the mac firewall?

I have never touched a mac but it should be this:

Configure it correctly for Citra.

just checked, its actually off

network as in same wifi

Yes. If the other computer is connected to the same router you shouldn’t need to port forward so it’s just about checking firewall(s) and make sure you are using the correct local IP address. e.g 192.168.1.2 (you will have to check what local IP address your mac is using, you can type ipconfig getifaddr en0 in the terminal to find it).

thank you so much man, this will help amazingly.:slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the “correct local IP address”?

cos if i need to use the same IP address as the other computer(which i tried).
and it came up with the same error.

I do not know since I’m not in your network :stuck_out_tongue: I can tell you that my local IP for my computer that my router gave me is 192.168.1.2 . You might not have it so that’s why you have to find it yourself as every network is different.

The command I gave you should point it out. You can also read this article:

Local IP = internal address.

You need the IP of the computer that is hosting the Citra room. Then use that in the Direct Connect to Room (accessed from the multiplayer menu in Citra).