How do I trade between Pokémon games on Citra?

Can I do it in two emulators in my own PC? Is there any way to connect to another player? How do I do it either way?

Portable mode for one citra instance and Direct Connect:

1. Make a copy of your citra folder, create a folder inside and name user
  2. Go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\citra\ and copy everything inside to the user folder.
  3. On the open the portable citra, go to Emulation > Configure > System and Regenerate your Console ID (also give a distinctive Username to make it easier to know which is which).
  4. Open one citra instance, (normal or portable) go to connect go to Multiplayer > Create room and click on Host Room, remember the port.
  5. Open the other citra instance and go to Multiplayer > Direct Connect to Room and put your ipv4 and the port. (run a ipconfig /all on CMD to find your ipv4) and click on Connect.

Not all games work, and some features may work, some may not.

1 Like
Trading in pokemon ultrasun
How do i play new super mario bros 2 multiplayer.I want to play it with my brother but i dont know how to

Thanks but there is something that I can’t understand.

there is a few folder “citra” which one I have to copy?
there are 2 folder “user” in “roaming”: C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\Citra\nand\data\00000000000000000000000000000000\extdata\00000000\F000000B\user
And
C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\Citra\nand\data\00000000000000000000000000000000\extdata\00048000\F000000B\user
(With inside 1 file: gamecoin.data)

which file is the portable version? I can’t find

This folder C:\Users\Francesco\AppData\Roaming\Citra is the user folder . Within in it there will be config, nand, log, sdmc, etc folders. Copy these folders to a new folder and name it user and move it to the CItra directory (the one with citra-qt.exe) that you want to run in portable mode.

1 Like

thanks, your comment help me but i still don’t know how to trade after connected to the room.

if i open pokemon ultrasun on both… always start the same save

you can follow the discussion here

Avoid creating duplicate threads. if all you want is to have some pokemons on another save, do as @tortsy64 said on that thread and use PKHex, Follow this Tutorial to do so.

always start the same save

On the intro cutscene press simultaneously D-Pad UP + B + X
backup your save before doing that to avoid permanent data loss.

right click on your game on citra game list and select ‘Open Save Data Location’,
your savedata is in a folder structure that goes up to folder 00040000,
e.g: 00040000\001b5000\data\00000001. the whole folder 001b5000 (in this example) is your save game.

each folder inside 00040000 is a save game for a different game (just to make things clear)

1 Like

Does anyone know how to do it on a mac

1 Like

PKHex should work in Wine.

how can we do this on mac?