How does Frame advance work? Can i play in Slowmo?

Issue:
How does the Frame Advance work? I activated Frame advance, pressed buttons but nothing happened when i advanced to the next frame. I unchecked frame advance so that it continues at 60fps but still nothing happened (i had pressed A on the Menu Screen in NSMB2, normally this should trigger the file select menu). Playing normally works without issues. Also, is there a feature where you enter all the inputs of all the frames in a list so that you can for example just enter “A” for 20 frames in a row? And is there a feature to play the game in slowmo?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel i5-6200U 2.3GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce 930M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1148
  • Game: New SUPER MARIO BROS. 2
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (23.7 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

currently you can only activate frame advance and advance by 1 frame by pressing the Advance Frame hotkey (you can set it on Emulation > Configure > Controls > Hotkeys).
eventually TAS functionality will be implemented. you could reduce the framerate limit, since the framerate is tied to the game speed you can easily play in slowmo.

1 Like

Thank you! Looking forward those features getting implemented.