How to create a ban list that saves?

Issue:
How do I create a ban list that will save when hosting a dedicated server? I can kick or ban players when connecting to my own server, but if I restart the server, then the ban list is gone. Do I need to put something in a text file for it to save or what?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Use the --ban-list-file <file name> option.

I tried making a text file, naming it bans.txt and setting the ban list file option to that. All it does it write “CitraRoom-BanList-1” in the text file, but it still doesn’t save any of the bans. So what am I missing?

you need to stop citra-room

What do you mean stop citra-room? As in closing the program so the room closes? Stopping the program didn’t make it write anything into the bans.txt file, I checked right after I closed the room just to see if they saved. I even started the room back up and clicked “Moderation” to check the bans and they weren’t showing there either after restarting the room.

What EXACTLY needs to be done to make bans save?

bans save for me. are you using citraemu/citra-multiplayer-dedicated?

I’m using the .bat file the citra tutorial tells me to use.

The “hosting on windows” from there.