How to have 2 separate console I.D's?

I have both the latest canary and nightly builds and I’ve been trying to get 2 separate console I.D’s but when i regenerate 1 I.D both change.

Nightly and Canary both share the same user directory so that settings, system files and save files are shared. If you want to use separate settings, you’ll need to use portable mode. Create a folder called user in either the Canary or Nightly directory and copy the contents of the user directory to it.

Ive created the folder but neither want to use it, portable mode? I’m feeling a little lost. sorry if am missing something obvious.

How do i set canary to use the new directory?

Assuming you’re on Windows, the user directory is located in C:/Users/[your-user-name]/AppData/Roaming/Citra/. Copy the contents of this directory.

Canary is installed to C:/Users/[your-user-name]/AppData/Local/Citra/canary-mingw. Create a new folder here called user and paste the contents to it. Canary will now run in portable mode. To disable it, remove the user folder.

1 Like

Of course why was my brain not working, literally needed it spelling out haha. Thank you so much, sorry for being so slow today . Need more coffee!

What about mac? The folder destinations are different on a mac and I can’t find it, how do I do it on mac?

1 Like

Did you get an answer? I’m struggling with it now!