How to ID what controller is which player number?

Hi.

Using Yuzu v.1105.
Four players setup as follows:

Player 1: Type = Pro controller, Input device =Nintendo Pro Controller 0
Player 2: Type = Pro controller, Input device =Nintendo Pro Controller 0
Player 3: Type = Dual Joycons, Input device =Dual Joycon 0
Player 4: Type = Dual Joycons, Input device =Dual Joycon 1

LEDs on controllers lit as follows:
One pro controller has led 4 lit.
The other pro controller has led 2 lit
Left joycon has led 2 lit.
Right joycon has led 1 lit

Different LEDs light up every time I reboot; there does not seem to be any consistent correlation between controller LEDs and yuzu player numbers.

Question:
How do I identify which controller is used for what player number (and/or) how do I make the LEDs on the controllers consistent so I can map the LEDs to player number?

Many thanks,
Mike

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

Leds are set randomly by SDL. So I don’t believe there’s a way to fix this. Plus it doesn’t help you’re using an ancient yuzu version.

Thanks for the quick reply, Ghost666. It also happens in EA 2978. Am I right in thinking that the yuzu dev team can’t do anything about this because the SDL layer is written by a third party (i.e., no point in logging a feature request)?

There’s no harm in making a feature request the worst that would happen if they can’t do it is it will be closed. I’m not sure if Narr (the main input dev) is able to accommodate for every possibility. There are so many official controllers to support let alone third party ones :sweat_smile: