How to trade pokemon on mac

Issue:
Hello! i am trying to trade pokemon with myself and i am not sure how to do it. i only can open one single window the app. can someone give me the steps how to trade? i am aware as soon as i have both files loaded i should connect to the rooms but in order to do that i need them both opened

System Information

• Operating System: mojave 10.14.5
  • Citra Version Canary 1387
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Duplicate your citra folder, inside this second citra folder create a new folder and name it user.
now open both citra apps, with one go to Multiplayer > Create Room, with the other go to Multiplayer > Direct Connect to Room.

hello there, i followed your steps but when im trying to connect to a room it gives me this message: Unable to connect to the host. Verify that the connection settings are correct. If you still cannot connect, contact the room host and verify that the host is properly configured with the external port forwarded. I connect successfully the first game but it shows me this message when im trying to connect the second oen

Connect using the same port you used to create the room, and on IP input 127.0.0.1

should I follow the steps again and when creating a room to enter the IP you provided?

For trading with yourself, yes.

alright thank you for the swift response, just a quick question when you said to create a folder in the second citra folder called “user” should i move the contents in the “user folder” or simply leave the folder the way it is just with a new empty folder there

I followed exactly the steps you told me, but as you see from the screenshots I still cannot connect properly. When I create the room everything is ok, but as soon as I am trying to connect the second one it gives me that message

are your sure you’ve created your room with the same port that you are using to direct connect to it? you can also try direct connecting by leaving the ip address field empty.

yes please have a look

What’s the error message when your direct connect? take a screenshot.

when i am pressing Multiplayer > Direct Connect to Room it gives me this message (the port is the same and the IP is the one you told me to include)

when i press OK and go to Multiplayer > Browse Public Game Lobby I select the lobby I created and it gives me this message

Connecting through the lobby won’t work without port forwarding, which is too much a hassle just to play it locally.

Follow those instructions, on your second citra instance go to Citra > Configure > System and on “Console ID” click on regenerate.

it worked! thank you very much! without you i would never have guessed it! thank you!

never mind i figured it out