How to transfer citra save to 3ds (hopefully not CFW)

Hello everyone:star_struck:
Firstly, I’m really new to 3ds and any homebrew or firmware or else.
Actually, I just downloaded citra to try Tomodachi Life (however I played the Japanese one) as my friend recommended only 3 weeks ago. And 3 days ago, I just bought 3ds and the game.

Now I have a problem that I want to transfer the save from citra to my 3ds so that I don’t have to start at one again.

I don’t have any technical knowledge and freakingly afraid of bricking my 3ds… So I don’t want to install CFW.:cold_face:
I tried homebrew launcher and JKSM already but it seems not to work. Because I cannot open save data as it errors message say “the archive cannot be opened”.

Anyone have a good way to transfer the saves, especially not using the CFW?
I don’t plan to play CIA game or use anything so much. Other than transferring save, I won’t do anything more than playing cartridge games like a meek noob player. That’s why I don’t want to risk anything by my hand with CFW…:cold_face:

Thank you in advance!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1282
  • Game: Tomodachi Life (Japanese)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

If you follow the guide (https://3ds.hacks.guide/) carefully there isn’t really any risk with CFW nowadays.
But I can understand your concerns, took me a while to think about installing CFW as well.

Anyway, are you able to export a save file created on your Tomodachi Life cart with JKSM? If that works without any issues importing them back should work as well.

Just to be sure:

1. Backup a save file from your cart (it will be on you SD card in JKSM/save/YOURGAME/YOURFOLDER)
  2. Delete the files inside this folder or move them somewhere save
  3. Right click your game on citra’s start screen than open savedata location and copy those files over into the folder mentioned above.
    Make sure that there are only those files copied from citra and none of them has been renamed.
  4. Import the save data with JKSM

If JKSM for whatever reason still refuses to work for you, you can try with svdt https://github.com/meladroit/svdt