I Cannot run any Citra build on MAC OS 10.13

Cannot run citra at all on mac os:
Everytime i run the citra-qt file it automatically opens a text file with things that doesnt make much sense. I am no pro coder but shouldnt it run straight away so that i can choose the decrypted roms.

System Information

• Operating System: MAC OS 10.13
  • CPU: core i7
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly Build - afb1012
  • Game: all
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:

Paste your entire console window log here.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

Does it also happen on the latest Nightly or Canary?

yes it does , the emulator doesnt even start. in any build i download then copy paste on the application folder
or play it straight from the unzipped file . Or am i doing the whole thing wrong ??

Are you sure that you’re running the citra-qt.app file? The screenshot shows that citra-qt-bin is open.

yes i am running the lemon app sign

What did you do ? I am running the latest build on MAC OS 10.12.6 and it’s working just fine. I wont update to 10.13 until anything is absolutely sure that nothing is bug or something. I will update it and see if it’s working but right now I am not update it yet.

you have the default file type handler for extension-less files set to open them with a text editor. the citra-qt.app that you are double clicking on calls a shell program that will call open on citra-qt-bin and your mac is deciding that it should open the actual executable file with a text editor based on your default handler.

i just double clicked on it. doesnt work

how do i change my handler ? please help step by step so that i can get it to work

Uncle Google ought to know how to change handler for other programs which could also apply to Citra :>

if uncle google was effective in this case i wouldnt have opened a support query , but thanks for your advise anyway

To everyone playing on the macbook, what frame rates do you get? Im running citra on the air early 2015 and i get around 25-30 fps on oras. any way to improve?

You mean this wouldn’t help? http://osxdaily.com/2013/08/08/change-default-application-open-files-mac-os-x/

Maybe that will give some clues.

i get various frame rates, it changes with each part of the game.

I had the same issue and here’s how I fixed it:

• Right click on the citra-qt.app file and select “Show Package Contents”
  • Find the files citra-qt and citra-qt-bin in Contents ▸ Frameworks ▸ MacOS
  • You want those files to open with Terminal instead of TextEdit. So for each file do right click ▸ Get Info ▸ Open With ▸ Terminal.

After you do this, try opening the citra-qt.app again and everything should work as expected.