I can't open my game

Hi!
So I started playing Tomodachi Life 3-4 months ago I guess, because I saw it and it seem pretty fun. It is fun. I never really updated the Citra System, but yesterday I did, and since I updated it I can’t open the game. It says “Loading” and then closes itself. Can I fix this issue? I really started enjoying the game like 3-4 weeks ago, and I really wanna play. Can I hold my files somehow and reinstall Citra maybe? I don’t know.
If you have any clue, please let me know, as soon as possible! Thanks for the help!
-Aweki

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

Yeah, sure. Here’s the footage lol

Omg I’ve been having the exact same issue, I made a topic on it and someone said this:
“This might be because of your nand dump. Those files are region restricted as well. So they might not like being paired up with the USA version specifically. You can test this out by going to File>Open Citra Folder , then renaming the nand folder here to nand edit . Now try your game again (yes, Miis won’t have faces). If it runs, then the theory was correct. If it doesn’t, its most likely just a bad ROM dump. You can restore the original nand folder’s name back to nand when you’re done testing.”

If it still crashes then follow this, since it fixed the problem for me:

"Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download . Then under Nightly Build , click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) and put it where ever you wish. Inside the extracted mingw folder, create a folder called user . This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe)
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder and run your game.
Make sure to not insert your dumped nand files (for the faces and the like) when testing."

Did I do something wrong?
kép_2022-02-08_184809

if you did what I suggested, you can carry over your data in a few steps:

1. On the CITRA start screen(not citra.qt.exe) right-click Tomodachi Life.
  2. Click “Open Save Data Location” and copy the file there.
  3. Open the save data location again, this time in citra.qt.exe.
  4. Paste and overwrite the file there and your old save should be playable again!

unfortunately it’s going to take a day or so for the game to get back to normal though because moving between citra programs is treated like playing on a new system. Hope this helps :smile: