I can't understand what to do with 3dsutils

This is what I am told
Required tools:
A 3DS with Homebrew Launcher access
The 3dsutils homebrew app (Click here for a non-official version)^
An SD card reader or a way to wirelessly transfer files between the 3DS console and a computer
^ There is no official precompiled version of this app, but a non-official build is provided for convenience. Alternatively, you can install devkitPro and compile it yourself from the 3dsutils source code.

Instructions:
Run 3dsutils via the homebrew launcher.
Press A when prompted to begin. The system archives will be dumped. Wait for the process to finish, then press A when prompted to be taken back to the homebrew launcher.
There will now be a 3dsutils folder at the root of the 3DS’s SD card. Inside that folder is a folder nand. Transfer the folder nand to the User Directory. The folder will merge with the existing nand folder contained therein. If prompted to overwrite any files, say yes.

My problem is that it says to download 3dsutils but not where to put it so that I can run it via the homebrew launcher.
Any help would be great

You have to place 3dsutils in your SD card’s 3ds folder.

1 Like

First download 3dsutils then run citra click load file click on 3dsutils press A , system will now dump when it’s done close citra and open Appdata/Roaming/citra/sdmc now there will be a 3dsutils folder inside that folder there is a folder, copy that folder and paste it into Appdata/roaming/citra if it says replace existing folder click yes done enjoy playing

1 Like

Umm no, 3dsutils is a 3DS homebrew application that will dump the necessary system files for Citra from a real 3DS. Running this in Citra will not allow you to obtain the system files.

2 Likes