I GOT POKERUS ON MY SHINY AMOONGUSS I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS (Pokemon Y)

I was just trying to level up my shiny Amoongus as well as some other pokemon in my party just to have more options when it comes to battling, and I go back to the Pokemon Center, and the lady says I got the “Pokerus.” After doing some research online, I don’t completely understand how it works and would really appreciate some guidance with how to use this to my advantage while it lasts. Thanks!

When a Pokémon has the Pokérus, it gains double the effort values from battling (e.g., fighting a Magikarp will give two Speed EVs, rather than one). Effort points gained from vitamins and wings are not doubled. The infected Pokémon can infect other Pokémon with the virus for a period of one to four days. However, the Pokérus timer can be delayed by several methods such as by placing the infected Pokémon in a PC Box.

While it is represented similarly to status conditions, the Pokérus is not a status condition, so it cannot be healed at a Pokémon Center or with any status condition healing item.

Pokérus has a 3 in 65,536 or approximately a 1 in 21,845 chance of being generated on one of the player’s Pokémon after a battle, making it rarer than encountering or hatching a Shiny Pokémon. If any of the player’s Pokémon are infected, the Pokérus may spread among Pokémon in the player’s party after any battle.

anyway there is nothing to worry about

information from bulbapedia