I have problems with openGL 3.3

Citra nightly 1218 don’t work because I have an old pc (and so an old graphic card)
But I don’t understand why my #931 version works properly, what changes? The rom is the same!

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

what’s your system specs? OS, CPU, GPU, etc. follow the bot instructions and upload your log.

Mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.6
CPU: 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphic card: AM Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

citra_log.txt (4 KB)

I know that my graphic card doesn’t support citra 1218 but the oldest version work (I use the same rom)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1224 HEAD-6f6bfd4
OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [ ]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 2

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

How would I go about booting citra from terminal?

You have to update your OS if you want to use the latest version of citra.

OS may not suffice. google seems to indicate that gpu doesn’t support opengl past 2.1.

So I don’t need a newngraphic card?

i’m not sure how you would go about on upgrading your hardware for a mac os.
also i’m not sure if your GPU is the issue, afaik the AMD HD 6500/5500 series and above all support OpenGL 4.0+, this opengl error message occurs on older mac os versions:

you can also test the latest citra builds by opening a ROM through the terminal with citra binary (which is GUI-less), its located on the same folder and the default citra-qt file.

1 Like

How can i run a ROM from terminal? It’s possible to open multiplayer with this?

hey dude if you want to play games without upgrading os then just download the old version of citra that runs perfectly in your pc

I know but multiplayer isn’t avaiable, I need ro so some exchanges in pkm usum

open a terminal inside citra’s folder and type ./citra 'path to your rom.3DS'

Mac Citra giving error "Your GPU may not support OpenGL 3.3, or you do not have the latest graphics driver" and can't play the 3ds games

The terminal closes right after I open it saying “No rom specified” the other one also but without that message, in any case I don’t want to bother you anymore so could you send me the link of the guide? I can’t find any site on the web

i don’t think there’s a specific guide for that, you may have to enclose the .3ds path with quotes, e.g: ./citra "/Users/USERNAME/Desktop/ROM.3ds"

I’m not sure to understand this, wich termknal should I use? The one of the mac say “no such file or directory” and the two in nightly folder closes like I said before

You can find tutorials online on how to open apps through terminal, its the same process, you only have to pass the game file, you can also try dragging and dropping your game file into the citra file (idk if that works on mac).

it would be easier to just update your OS to use the latest citra builds if possible.

1 Like

I think he is confuse when you write"citra “/Users/USERNAME/Desktop/ROM.3ds” this actually means."citra "/Users/(USERNAME)=(your name )/Desktop/ROM.3ds.i hope you will get it now @Anatoliy_Moruz or if you already know then there maybe some other solutions

yeah maybe, but i think on mac os you need to ./citra to run binaries (i don’t know).