I need a proper guide to trade starters locally!

I want to play with all 3 starters on POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE, and i found only 1 video and 1 topic on citra that shows how to do it.
Problem? I find it vague, as there is not much to go on. I do hope someone here can give me a step by step guide on how to do it.
Thanks in advance.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Ok, first of all, I think you are using the thread topic wrong, but probally some admin will fix this.

Right, about your question, I think for you get all the three startes you have 2 ways, trading with local connection and two Citras opened, I will be honest with you, this is a way too much complicated, and long, maybe you PC get lowest FPS for opening 2 Citras, I really, really recomendate to you use PKHex, and I will progress on a tutorial to you get this with PKHex.

1. Start your journey normal, and choose some starter you want, pass the first battle and you will go to professor lab

2. Here you save the game

3. If you open your Pokémons party, that only have the starter you choose (can be any starter, I choose Treecko only to show you)
    citra-qt_2018-07-14_02-57-03

4. After save the game, you can close your game, and right click over the game and go to “Open Save Data Location”

5. Here, what you want is the number that are in Citra folder to find your save game file
    explorer_2018-07-14_02-58-21

6. After you know the folder you need to go, open the PKHex, and follow the image to open the save file
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_02-58-49

7. You will need to search for the game save file, you discovered the folder number by the 4th and 5th parts of tutorial, probally the citra folder is in cache folders “C:\Users\ YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000” and in the “00040000” folder you will found a lot of folders, one of that is the folder of your game, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is “0011c500”, open, and go to the last folder, this will have a “main” file, this is the save file, just open this with PKHex
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_02-59-41

8. Now, you open the “Party-Battle Box”, and can see your Starter Pokémon, right click them, and click “View”
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-00-49

9. And you will search for other Starter in “Species:” in the Alpha Sapphire is Torchic, Treecko and Mudkip, choose the Pokémon you want to have
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-01-12

10. You will have the Pokémon in a “Transfer Area”, or “Working Area”, the Pokémon is in an “Edditing phase”, and you can see a Red Triangle with a exclamation on the side of Pokémon, if you click in this triangle, you can see the Moves of this Pokémons is wrong, and that’s not a “Legal” Pokémon
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-01-28

11. Right, you only need to go to “Attacks” and click in this white retangle, not in any moves, and not outside the retangle, just inside, like my cursor
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-03-14

12. And the software will suggest moves to you put over the wrong moves, click yes
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-03-31

13. And now your Pokémon is Legal! And for set your Pokémon to your party, right click in a empty space in “Party-Battle Box” and click “Set”,
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-03-44

14. Now, back to the “Main” tab in Pokémon editor, and follow again the 9th to 14th steps just with the last Pokémon
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-04-04

15. And you need to export this save to the folder again, just go to “File>Export SAV…>Export main” and the software will ask where you want to save the file, just select the folder with the Original save file (If you want, you can make a Backup of this file), that will ask you want to replace the file, just accept
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-04-21

16. You will receive this alert saying the export has been completed and can close PKHex
    PKHeX_2018-07-14_03-04-49

17. Now, you can open you game and enjoy your three Starters.
    citra-qt_2018-07-14_03-05-44

I hope helped you, and have a good adventure, Trainer! :smile:

3 Likes

OMFG
THANKYOU GODDAMMIT. This is so well detailed. Im truly grateful man.
Just to clarify-----I have progressed into the game. So now i just have to use the save file, edit the starters into the game, and then export it back, yes?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Yes, you can edit Pokémon any time you want, just pay atention if the Pokémon is Legal, if not, just click the Red Triangle and look what you need to edit, and edit this before introduce the Pokémon in any Empty Slot, or over any Pokémon, and you can put Pokémons in the Box, look 6th step, have the “Box” tab oppened, you can edit if the Pokémon is Shiny ir not, the Sex (Step 9th, look up the “Species”, the little star is for Shiny the Pokémon, and click the male/female icon to change the Sex, but, again, just pay atention, if you did any wrong thing, the Pokémon will be illegal, and this can’t be used in online matches, or for trade, in Citra online services too! But you can do a illegal Pokémon if you want, and use this, only in offline game, like a Pikachu with Surf rs

Ah, and if you right click over one Pokémon and click “Set” you will substitute the Pokémon for the Pokémon what you are edditing, be careful!

2 Likes

just use pkhex its much easier there

1 Like

i have done everything u said but it doesn’t work