I need help loading a save state

Issue:
let me give more context, I have been playing pokemon y and all is fine but Citra asks me if I want to update as a new version came out, I ignored it for a bit but later ended up updating, now I’m sad, why because I can’t load my save states, I tried downloading older version or deleting and re-installing but it keep saying bad_alloc error when I try to load my save states, nothing works and I had gotten to the 8th gym and ev trained all my pokemon so I would prefer not restarting, anyway can anyone please help, thank you

btw I deleted citra so i cant provide a log file sorry

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: gen 7 core i5
  • GPU: Intel hd 620
  • Citra Version : c4ba7b3
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

What version did you use before? There was a hiccup a while back so you had to load the state on an older version then save normally in-game and then you need to load normally on the latest Citra so you can make new save states.

Remember that you still need to save normally in-game even when you use save states to not lose progress like this. Save states are not a replacement for normal saves.