I reset my laptop and now all my saves are gone

I had to reset my laptop choosing to delete apps while retaining my personal files and folders.I thought that way I’d get to keep my Citra save files.I didn’t know that doing that would still erase all my saves.I thought removing the Citra application wouldn’t mean removing my save files too.So where did it go wrong for me?How should I have done it?What should I have done to keep my save files?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Sorry to hear that, Citra stores by default in %appdata%\Citra folder. It is always a good idea to manually backup by zipping all the folders there (at least sdmc as that contains your saves) and upload to your cloud.

Thanks for replying to my post.

Besides the method of backing up that you mentioned,can you tell me the other methods there are of backing up?I’m not really familiar with cloud.

And also,there is one thing I don’t understand.While resetting,I chose the option of retaining my files and folders.So did the save files not fall under that category?Does resetting the pc delete that %appdata%\Citra folder that you’ve mentioned?

You can also upload to like Google Drive, OneDrive etc.

I’m not sure, it is tied to your username maybe check C:\Users folder if you have multiple.

Can you backup on an external hard drive or pendrive?

Yes, you can literally copy the zip anywhere :stuck_out_tongue: but uploading gives more protection in the event your house gets burnt to the ground etc. I do both ways myself.

I see,thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like