I want to play Super Smash Bros with 2 players with a controller and a keyboard

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
Is there a way to use a ps4 controller and a keyboard at the same time? I want to play Super Smash Bros multiplayer on one pc.

System Information

• Operating System:
  • CPU:
  • GPU:
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Yeah should be possible, download a standalone build: https://citra-emu.org/download/ (manual download). Extract it and create a new folder called user so that Citra has its own save & settings so it won’t interfere with your main Citra.

Afaik the keyboard only works when it’s the active window so make sure you do that(click on the Citra that uses the keyboard). You can use a controller even when Citra is out of focus no problem.

1 Like

Do I extract it into the user folder?

Nah extract first to a folder somewhere unrelated to main Citra. Then open it and create user folder where you see its citra-qt.exe at. If you want to copy saves & settings from main Citra go to %appdata%\Citra and copy all folders into the newly created user folder.
You will then need to regenerate the console ID in the system tab so you can connect both Citra together, then rebind one of them for the keyboard user and that is pretty much it.

Should they have the same console ID or different ones? Also how do I connect both Citra together? Sorry for the hassle.

Different, when you try to connect to yourself and they are the same you will get an error :stuck_out_tongue:
Simply go Multiplayer->Create Room on one Citra and pick “unlisted” then on the other Citra go Multiplayer->Direct Connect to Room and insert 127.0.0.1 as the IP and connect.