I3 8100 + Fury R9 + 8GB RAM performance issues

Issue:

Hello,

i would like to ask for help

so my problem is that citra struggles with some 60 fps games. For Example SM3D Land, Super Star Saga Remake, A Link between worlds, smash bros etc,

even some 30fps games have sometimes frame drops.

i mean… sometimes i play 3DS Games on our school-Pcs. Those have stats like i5 3,30GHZ, 4gb ram and on board grapics card. So my pc is much stronger than those but they have better perormance in terms of emulation with citra.

System Information

• Operating System: win10
  • CPU: i3 8100
  • GPU: amd fury r9
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Newest Canary build
  • Game:
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

AMD’s OpenGL drivers are very poor on Windows. You could try using Intel UHD 630 instead. To do this you will need to unplug all the cables going out from your Fury R9 and connect directly to the motherboard instead, then it would use the integrated.

You should also make sure you are up to date with the drivers too: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28445/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10

If you upgrade to an Nvidia GPU you will have better luck :stuck_out_tongue: there should be some good deals now. RTX 2060 has a bit better performance than GTX 1070 Ti and is a bit cheaper so that might be an option. Though it probably makes more sense getting GTX 1060 6GB when pairing with an i3-8100 though.

1 Like

In addition to what @tywald said, some games run better with ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ disabled on AMD, like TLoZ:ALBW, smash bros, etc. but remember that even on high-end hardware configs, when a game plays new animations and effects a relatively small stutter will occur, reducing performance momentarily.

1 Like