I'm having trouble running programs on Citra Nightly

Issue:
Whenever I open a file on Citra Nightly it immediately says that a fatal error occurred and I can choose to Continue or Abort. If it matters I’m a Mac user.

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Catalina
  • CPU: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1730
  • Game: Pokemon Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

The game files I’ve tried:
Pokemon Y (USA) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Ko) Decrypted.3ds

Pokemon Y (USA) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Ko).cia
^ I opened this one using the install .cia option in Citra

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (11.4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1730 HEAD-a5d01c0
Operating System                              macOS 10.15
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.1
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

OK I’m now noticing it’s corrupted how do I properly unzip these files?

Stop pirating and dump games you actually own. Piracy is illegal and not supported by Citra.
Make sure to read the rules Community Rules - Citra
And follow the link from the bot above to dump your own games from your 3DS.

While it may not be the file from my cartridge I do own Pokemon Y (which is the reason I’m not using X which I do not own). I am aware of laws against piracy. But I was not aware of the fact that I could not use the files from a friend. While it may turn out that somewhere along the line it is possible that the files may have been pirated, does not mean 100% of the time that the poster themselves are the pirate. So maybe next time consider the possibilities of how a file could come into the possession of another person before you post.

But thank you for pointing that comment out nonetheless.

User space was not incorrect in their statement I’m afraid. Copyright law allows you to create a single archival dump of your bought software. However, copyright law considers every original copy (bought copy) of a given piece of software to be a unique copy. Therefore the only legal way to own an archival dump of a piece of software is by creating it yourself. This means that downloading somebody else’s archival dump, even if the code is identical, is considered as piracy. The same can be said for sharing your own archival dump with others. It falls under the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials.

As per your own words and the law I’ve explained above, you have indeed pirated the game. As such, we cannot provide support to you until you’ve dumped your game yourself.

Please let us know if you require any assistence with the dumping process, we’d be happy to help :slight_smile: