Hey, I’ve been using this emulator for a while, since like 2020. I hadn’t used it for a while though, and reopened it today to play some games again.
But I’ve noticed the emulator suddenly just… can’t open any of my games anymore. Same roms folder that I’ve had for years, all of them perfectly functional, untouched since they were last used, none of them open. The emulator simply crashes and closes without so much as an error message as soon as the game tries to load up.
I’ve updated my GPU drivers JUST to be sure, and uninstalled and reinstalled the emulator (after backing up its roaming data folders, for obvious reasons), but no dice.
Tried erasing the shader cache folder, that did not do anything either.
The only change to my computer I could possibly think of that might have affected the emulator since its last use is upgrading my GPU (used to have a GTX 970), but it’s just a later model of the same brand of GPUs, using the same line of drivers, all fully updated (and I made sure to clear all previous configurations back when I upgraded), it’d be weird if THAT somehow caused it.
I’ve checked the log file, but I haven’t really found much in the way of issues that show the same final error message as mine, namely “CFG Module missing!”. It’s odd, but I’ve attached the log file either way.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
- GPU: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1874
- Game: [any game]
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): [no screenshots of the issue can really be made, as the program immediately closes with no error message upon it happening]
citra_log.txt (15.8 KB)