Is it possible to make the bleeding edge 86 build available for Mac?

Issue:
I wanted to play Pokémon Omega Ruby on Citra emulator on Mac, and everything went well until I entered a pokémon battle. Everytime a pokémon attacks the battle effect animation is missing. I found out this can be fixed by downloading Citra bleeding edge 86. However, the problem is that it’s not available on Mac. So my question is: Is there any way to get Citra bleeding edge 86 on Mac?

System Information

The Bleeding Edge builds don’t support Linux or macOS currently. However, you are free to build the Bleeding Edge yourself.

Sorry, but I don’t know how to build. Will perhaps someone else support it for Mac in the future?

Compiling it for Mac is very easy. I can send you an instruction that I wrote and I always compiled it. No pm or anywhere so I don’t know how to send it to you. Unless, you are at gbatemp site and I can send it to you through pm over there. Yes, I am a macOS user.

You’ll get the PM feature once you have created enough valuable posts on these forums I believe (which is a bad design in my opinion).
Anyhow, we also have official guides about compilation on macOS: https://citra-emu.org/wiki/building-for-macos (GitHub Link for editing)

If there is anything missing from that article feel free to add it.
If you want to create a more in-depth article you might want to create a post on these forums instead (that way other users will also benefit from it).

Please do not move such information to other websites or send it around in private messages. We depend on the community to document these things and want to centralize all information so it can be found and updated more easily.

1 Like

Thank you, it would be nice to look at those instructions, but perhaps it would be better for the community if you could post it online, as JayFoxRox said.

Yes, @azoreseuropa , I’d also love if you could include your steps to compile the bleeding edge builds. I’ve struggled to follow the official guides, and any instructions geared toward less computer-savvy users would be great

Right now, I can’t compiled it now because of this:

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/src/core/citra.build/Release/core.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/svc.o src/core/hle/svc.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)

@JayFoxRox,

You need to report it to the developer about this:

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/src/core/citra.build/Release/core.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/svc.o src/core/hle/svc.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)

EDIT: Just reported thanks to Discord discussion.

Finally, compiling it today and everything’s working fine now. Do you want the instruction ? Should I write it right here ? Or PM you two that you requested for ?

I think it would be easiest if you could write it down here.

It’s recommended that you use homebrew to install dependencies. You’ll need to download and install the following to build Citra:

Download Xcode through App Store first then here:

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)

Then

Brew install pkconfig
Brew install sdl2
Brew install qt5
Brew install cmake

Compiling Citra Bleeding Edge… Use Terminal to do this:

git clone --recursive -b bleeding_edge https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-bleeding-edge.git

Just wait while it is in progressing and when it is done.

Then

mkdir citra-bleeding-edge (use it if you are the first time & after that you will not need it)

cd citra-bleeding-edge

mkdir build; cd build

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9

export Qt5_DIR=$(brew --prefix)/opt/qt5

Then

cmake … -GXcode (Until it is finish)

Then

xcodebuild -config Release -project citra.xcodeproj -target citra-qt

It will take more to progressing and when you see “successfully”. All done.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll take a look at it to see if I can learn something

You’re welcome. Please let me know, cheers. :slight_smile:

Hello ? Wait for your reply.

I’m sorry, didn’t have much time yesterday, but I will take a look today. However, I will go on holiday tomorrow, so if I don’t figure it out by then, I will continue after the holiday.

Okay. We need to know so I can help people like you more and edit Citra’s compiling for Mac to make things easier. :slight_smile:

Brew install pkconfig
Brew install sdl2
Brew install qt5
Brew install cmake

those should be lower case (but it might still work??) brew install ...

mkdir citra-bleeding-edge (use it if you are the first time & after that you will not need it)

this should throw an error. the previous git clone command just created the citra-bleeding-edge directory.

other than that the steps should be fine :slight_smile:

Yeah… the capital work too. I tried and it works too. Either is fine. :slight_smile:

No… There is no error when I type mkdir citra-bleeding-edge for the first time. No problem. That’s why I am compiling it and no mkdir citra-bleeding-edge is need after that.

while working with the old versions (like 86), you probably need to rollback the code by “git checkout < commit_hash >”. Am I right?

I am not sure… you can try it and report back to us.