Is my computer not good enough or am I doing something wrong?

Issue:
I’m trying to emulate Monster Hunter XX, at first it crashed on the start of the rom, then i tried messing with the options and found that the problem was with “accurate hardware shader” and “shader emulation” so I came here and found that it’s a common problem in Canary and that it’s being worked on, so i Switch to CPU and the game loads but after the starting screen it just works very slow with bad fps/speed.

I also tried to keep GPU in the shader emulation but keeping accurate hardware shader off and it works but still with bad fps and speed.

I’ve double checked to see if Citra was using my dedicated video card and not the integrated one and it’s working as intended.

So the only answer I can give myself is that my PC is not good enough and that I should give up trying to emulate MhXX (or even other games with CItra I think) on this PC.

About the resolution, I kept automatic or native (400x240) because I thought they were the best for performance but I’m not really sure

Since I’m noob af I tought to ask you guys to see what the pros will think about all this, thanks to anyone that will answer me!

Edit: I also tried nightly but it goes slow just the same if not more

TLDR: Can you share your toughts on my system? I’m trying to emulate MHXX and it runs bad, I think my PC sucks too much but I want an external opinion

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU M 430 @2.27GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce 310M
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary HEAD-bef23f5
  • Game: Monster hunter XX

I included a log of the crash when using accurate hardware shader + GPU, maybe it will be helpful somehow?
Log: https://pastebin.com/ADvGEDuT

Your laptop CPU isn’t that great for emulation. We are aware that Canary has issues with some Intel and AMD GPUs. You can read about it here.

thank you for your answer, so is it safe to assume that even after the problems with Canary will be fixed I won’t be able to run it smooth?

Going by this chart (This mesures single core performance, which is a very important factor for Citra.), the Intel Core i5-4300M scores a 1,791. Usually the number to aim for is 1,800, so it could go either way, best way to find out is to test it yourself when everything is fixed.

thank you for the chart! Sadly I think you’re wrong, my CPU is Intel Core i5-430M @ 2.27GHz
which scores a wopping 899 :sweat_smile: so I guess that’s my definitive answer right there.

Anyways I’ll still try it again when I’ll see fixes in the vain hope it somehow works haha

thanks guys