Is the latest version of yuzu with multicore disabled faster than an old version of yuzu that does not have multicore?

I’m curious about it and I would like to know if there is a difference

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You can test for yourself: https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu-mainline/releases/download/mainline-0-295/yuzu-windows-msvc-20200627-eecf58ec6.zip
That’s the last version of yuzu before multicore was added. Since it’s old, it may not be compatible with the current configuration files, so I recommend you to unpack that zip somewhere, create a folder named user inside it, and paste a copy of the contents of the %appdata%\yuzu folder there, to make it a completely standalone build.

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your reply

I tested version 295 and this version is a little slower than the latest yuzu version with multicore disabled but the 295 is more stable. I installed both versions correctly. I made sure that the 295 also runs as a standalone. With multicore disabled in the latest version you sometimes have problems but not with the 295 version. Can it be through the texture update? Version 295 doesn’t have this update as far as I know

Why does the 295 run better with multicore disabled than the latest yuzu version with multicore disabled?

Single thread emulation is much easier to manage and optimize, we’re still refining multicore today.
Besides that, multicore helps in finding new bugs in other areas thanks to a higher “saturation”. File system emulation for example, requires an overhaul in certain areas that we are working with at the moment.

That’s good to know. thanks

There is something else interesting. I have a second PC with an old i5 7600k that ran with DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 2133Mhz. I had a lot of crashes with this system on yuzu especially in Pokemon Sword / Shield. There were crashes such as yuzu just closes without an error message or crashed in the middle of a battle or in the middle of raids or while exploring. Increasing the Pagefile did not help me. How I fixed that was upgrading the RAM to DDR4 3600Mhz (2x16GB). The performance got better and with almost all games I got a good FPS boost and with yuzu there were no more crashes except in crown tundra with the NPC force saves in the cave adventure raid. Multicore disabled or version 295 solved this problem.

Running older processors with faster RAM is definitely worth it if you don’t have enough money for a new PC

1 Like

If you are also planning to upgrade to DDR4 3600Mhz (2x16GB), then you should make sure that you have a motherboard that also supports 3600Mhz and you should have a processor that benefits from it.
The i5 7600k and a z270 motherboard will definitely work. The PC recognized 3600Mhz immediately after installation. I didn’t have to change any XMP settings in the BIOS.

You have to get the information about what kind of motherboard you have and how much Mhz it supports. Buy the fastest RAM your motherboard can support. Even 3200Mhz are sufficient