Is there a possibility for Citra to get Vulkan?

Im aware that this question was asked many times. DX12 is not free and that will not happen for sure but Yuzu got Vulkan and it works quite well on there. I currently use an AMD GPU and thats my primary reason to ask this question because we are all aware how opengl performs on AMD. Did developers ever test with Vulkan on Citra? Will they? Im not asking any basic questions, I just want to see what Citra has in store for the future and will us AMD users ever get hope :slight_smile:

Yes, I want to know too, I hope the developers actually have plans for a vulkan backend. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Hi, whilst it is the hope that someday citra will have vulkan support, it doesn’t seem like that will happen anytime soon. The only developer that was working on it has taken a break from it. Considering there isn’t anyone else working on it as far as I’m aware, I don’t think you should expect support for it any time soon.

It’s currently recommended for AMD GPU users to dual boot/VM(if you meet the hardware requirements) into linux for better performance as AMD has better opengl drivers for that. That’s unfortunately all you can do for now.