Is there a way to switch between different islands on Tomodachi Life?

ive skimmed through some older topics on this site regarding having multiple save files for one game and i havent found any relating directly to tomodachi life, which is the only thing i use citra for, mostly just pokemon games and stuff. i attempted a few methods i found since it didnt seem too different including backing up my current save slot, moving it somewhere else and removing the original one and whatnot but my current island is still there no matter what i do. im trying to find a way to start a new island without completely erasing my original one, and have two coexisting save files with two separate islands that i can switch between freely, i know theres a way to do it but i still havent found a solution that works for me so i figured id make my own post about it

bumping this, does anyone know? :[

Easiest way to do this would be creating a portable version of Citra for one save file, and using the normal Citra for the other save file.

Go to Download Citra - Citra and select Manual download . Then under Nightly Build , click on your operating system’s icon to the right of the latest build available to download the build.
Extract it (.7z can be extracted using Winrar or 7zip) and put it where ever you wish.
Inside the extracted nightly-mingw folder, create a folder called user . This Citra should now store all of its config, save files and such inside of this user folder.
Check to make sure that this user folder is in the same folder that contains citra-qt(.exe)
Now run the citra-qt executable found inside of the mingw folder.

1 Like

this worked perfectly, thank you so much! ^^